Accomack County Jail is classified as a moderate level security prison and is situated in the city of Accomack, Virginia.
It has the capacity to hold a maximum of 100 adults (18+).
Inmates have generally been found guilty of committing serious in character felonies – most inmates are housed in the prison for at least 12 months.
Carry Out An Inmate Search of Accomack County Jail
If you’re trying to look up an inmate of Accomack County Jail, then try one of two options, being:
- Use the Accomack County Jail website
- Contact them directly at 757-787-1095
To conduct your online search, or before making a call to the jail, it helps to have the following:
Inmate identification number
Be advised that an individual may be imprisoned immediately after being arrested,
or transferred later on from a local center.
As an alternative (should the above methods not yield a successful search),
you can attempt a Virginia state prisoner search.
Mailing An Item To An Inmate of Accomack County Jail
Receiving a package or other mail from family and friends is permitted.
Remember, when addressing any item, to write clearly the follwoing:
- The full name of the inmate, along with the inmate ID
- The full address: 23323 Wise Court PO Box 149, Accomack, VA, 23307
If any item fails inspection, then it will be disposed of, unless there is a return address.
Therefore, it’s essential to write your home address (or alternative return to sender address).
For info on what items are permitted, we recommend calling the facility directly at 757-787-1095.
Sending Money To An Inmate of Accomack County Jail
Are you looking to send money to a prisoner Accomack County Jail? You can either:
- Send money into an inmate’s commissary account, via money order, cashier, or check (Include the inmate’s full name and inmate ID on the back).
- Go to the prison’s office when you next visit the inmate, and you will be able to deposit the money there.
And inmate can use a telephone for calls from 8:00 a.m. until 8:45 p.m.
The maximum length of any call is 30 minutes,
although this time is reduced to only 20 minutes during busier periods.
The cost has to be covered by the receiver in its entirety.
Before visiting Accomack County Jail. If you’re not sure that you’re on the approved visitors list then
avoid disappointment by checking with the facility before leaving You can call them directly at 757-787-1095.
In order to visit, the following rules exist:
- A previously convicted criminal may not visit
- Presenting a valid ID is mandatory to be allowed entry
- An adult has to be present if there is a visitor under the age of 17
- All rules are to be complied with. Call the prison if you have any questions or doubts regarding visitor regulations.