United States Penitentiary (USP) - Terre Haute High is a high-security satellite of the Federal Correctional Institution.
It’s located in Terre Haute, Vigo County, Indiana.
It is capable of taking on up to 1610 adults who are aged 18 years and above, who have been found guilty and imprisoned as Indiana state law offenders.
The vast majority of inmates have committed felonies of a serious nature, and are there to serve a term of over 1 year. It’s run by the Indiana Department of Corrections (IDOC).
If you’re trying to locate an inmate, send money or other items, talk on the phone,
or want to visit then this is possible by following the right steps.
How To Find an Inmate of United States Penitentiary (USP) - Terre Haute High
Are you trying to find an inmate of United States Penitentiary (USP) - Terre Haute High?
You can try searching by using one of the following methods:
- Use the official website
- Contact the facility directly. The telephone number is 812-244-4400
For you to successfully complete a search, you’ll need to have the following details at hand:
- The Inmate identification number
- The inmates’s full name, as well as birth date
Be advised that an individual may be imprisoned immediately after being arrested,
or transferred later on from a local center.
If you’re having difficulties when trying to find an inmate, we recommend you
try carrying out a statewide Indiana prisoner search.
Sending Or Mail A Parcel To An Inmate of United States Penitentiary (USP) - Terre Haute High
A prisoner is entitled to receive mail or a parcel.
If you have an item you wish to send, make sure you include:
- The inmate’s full name, as well as the inmate ID
- The address of the prison: 4700 Bureau Road South, Terre Haute, IN, 47802
- The sender’s address. If any item fails inspection, then it may be disposed of if no return address is included.
Before you send anything, there are many items that aren’t allowed.
In addition, you may be required to obtain pre-approval.
If you’re uncertain about anything, you can contact United States Penitentiary (USP) - Terre Haute High at 812-244-4400 to
ask any questions you may have.
Sending Money To An Inmate of United States Penitentiary (USP) - Terre Haute High
Want to send money to an inmate of United States Penitentiary (USP) - Terre Haute High? This is quite simple and easy to accomplish.
You have the following options:
- Send money into an inmate’s commissary account, via money order, cashier, or check (Include the inmate’s full name and inmate ID on the back).
- If you plan on making a visit deposit at the facility office
Each prisoner is permitted to make calls, however this must be between 9:45 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. (and only to approved individuals).
A call can last up to 30 minutes (which is cut to 20 minutes during a busy period).
The receiver has to pay for the phone call in its entirety.
Before visiting United States Penitentiary (USP) - Terre Haute High, you want to make sure you’re on the approved visitors list.
Contact the prison and confirm you’re on the list if you have any doubts.
Also, beware that:
- A valid ID will be required
- An adult must be present if there is a visitor under the age of 17. The accompanying adult is responsible for the actions of the child
- Any previous criminal record means you may not be allowed to visit
- Review the rules for prison visitors